Discounts] [Walking] [Cycling] [Attractions]
[What's On/Activities] [Food and Drink] [Brighstone History] [Travel & Ferries] [Beaches]
[Fossils] [Environment Policy] [Conditions]
[Contact Us] [Links]
Isle of Wight Cycling Holiday
- Outside we have a secure steel bike rack out of sight of road
with deep concrete plinth with large gravel topping and good drainage,
and a large drop over waterproof cover that can cover the bike rack and
two bikes completely, with a thick marine grade stainless steel chain
and substantial Union padlock (very low risk area). Bikes are not
allowed in Carriers Stable.
- There are some fantastic trails on the downs for off road
cyclists, you can even travel to the needles over the downs or go to
Newport over downs.
- ECO source of water as we are a Gold awarded ECO site which
consists of a double water butt with tap and watering can next to the
secure cycle rack.
- We also have the two types of tyre valve pumps and a small
selection of tools with others available from us and spare tubes.
- Brush and crevice tool to assist in cleaning bike and treads.
- Spare bowl and bucket.
- Dehumidifier to assist in drying clothes.
- Published routes.
- Ordnance Survey map and compasses.
- First aid kit.
- Sowing kit etc.
Some Isle of Wight cycling information by way of
links etc, the location of Carriers Stable and importantly countryside
and cycling code of practice links.
Carriers Stable location:-
- SZ 42464 83289
- 613155 E 5611396 N
- N 50� 64.715' W 1� 39.932
- Our Post Code PO30 4AN
Hire, Guiding, Skill Training and Tours -
Telephone 01983-761800 | Email
Squirrel Electric Bikes
are now available to hire from half a day at the Visitor Information
Centre at The Guildhall, Newport. The bikes are fitted with a small
battery powered electric motor which gives you a subtle power boost
whilst riding along. For more info about Red Squirrel Bikes, send a
message to email@example.com or call 01983 521555
- Wight Cycle Hire (Yarmouth) 01983 761800
- Battersby Cycles (Ryde) 01983 562039
- Bikemech (Freshwater) 01983 756787
- Bike Shed (Merstone) 01983 868786
- Cowes Mobile Repair Service (Cowes)01983
- Halfords (Newport) 01983 537182
- Tav Cycles (Ryde) 01983 812989
- Wight Mountain (Newport) 01983 533445
Mapping / Geocaching links